|At church on Christmas Eve. We have no clue what we are getting ourselves in for when this baby comes...|
1. Design Mom rounded up some thought-provoking advice in a post called I wish someone had told me.... My favorite words of wisdom, especially given our coming addition:
"I wish I had known newborns aren’t newborns for a year. I wish someone had told me that period only lasts six weeks max. I wish I had gotten that through my head the first time round and just sat down, cuddled, and pressed my cheek to the top of their fuzzy heads more..."
2. I loved this recent article from the fabulous Kathryn called Applying to Catholic School? 10 Questions Every Parent Should Ask. The questions are so thoughtful, especially her emphasis on exposing kids to religious vocations!
3. Frank forwarded Your first 90 days as a father to me and it was great. Well done, Esquire! (Note: the sidebar on the Esquire website may contain inappropriate images. Click through with caution.)
4. Anthony Esolen has done it again with a great piece called How Common Core devalues great literature.
5. I was thrilled to see that Auntie Leila is publishing a book on building a life of prayer in families. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy!
6. My new favorite parenting article is called How I made sure all 12 of my kids could pay for college themselves. This attitude stands in direct contrast to our modern culture of entitlement. I don't know that this method of child-rearing is exactly replicable, but it is fascinating.
7. Just for laughs... I'm obsessed with Why my kid is crying. Cracks me up every time.
What are your favorite articles on parenting?
And a bonus article on faith in families...
Jen linked to Hiding Eggs and Finding Faith this week and I loved it.
That's all for now, folks. Thank you Jen for hosting!