_

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Creating a Culture


Some of the other conference participants and myself. This wasn't actually taken at the conference but at a white elephant gift exchange the week before.

The conference was so much fun. I loved seeing old friends who came and meeting with strangers who became new friends by the conference's end.

Professors from Notre Dame and Boston College gave lectures and led the discussions. We thought about the meaning of friendship and talked about how to be better friends with the people in our lives. It was so interesting!

We read this letter from Pope Benedict to the church. He talks about how media and digital communications can be a force for good. Most importantly, he speaks
especially to young people, asking us to create "a culture of respect, dialogue, and friendship" in the digital world.

That sounds like a good standard to me. Isn't that what we all want? I was inspired to commit my blog, from now on, to that kind of culture. I'm just one person but hey, every little bit helps, right?

p.s. Like the new header? I wanted to do something different to get ready for my time in London. 2 days!!

p.p.s. This song has been stuck in my head all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment