_

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Nobbin' with all the muckety-mucks

Have you ever seen the movie Newsies? It's a classic in my family. We watch it over and over and of course we know every song. "Nobbin' with all the muckety-mucks, I'm blowing my dough and going deluxe," the hero Jack Kelly sings. That is exactly how I felt last week at the European premiere for Valentine's Day

My class building is 5 minutes from the famed Odeon Theatre, host of all the London premieres. I got out of class at 5 pm and the red carpet opened at 6. So after class, I grabbed Subway for dinner (I know, I know, how un-British of me. But they have 6-inch subs for only 2 pounds!) and moseyed over there with my friend Felicia to hang out and see if we could spot any stars.


And we did! We saw Ashton Kutcher, Demi Moore, Emma Roberts, Jessica Alba... I only managed to snap a photo of Jessica, because the others passed too quickly.


We found my roommate Katie in the crowd, plus about 20 other starstruck Notre Dame students.

We even made friends with a hilarious British girl, Charlotte, who had been waiting since 3 pm to catch a glimpse of the celebs.

Was celebrity-spotting a silly, unproductive way to spend an afternoon? Yes.
Will I do it again? Most likely not.
But was it fun? Oh, definitely!

Love, The Book Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment