_

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Skippy

 
Skippy likes to snuggle. Note my unmade bed and the bookshelves in the background... of course. ;)

Angela with Skippy after school. Good times.

I've never been one of those people who got really into dogs. In fact, I thought those people were a little deranged. I would hear about people who spent tons of money on their dog's health or who cried when their dog died and I would think, "Oh come on. It's just an animal." But that was before I met Skippy, the smallest and snuggliest dog I've ever met - and our very own. The whole family is besotted with him. Even my parents, who normally can't stand animals and vowed never to get a dog, have been caught talking to Skippy in loving tones. We can say like the Monkees, "Now I saw his face and I'm a believer. Not a trace of doubt in my mind. Ooh I'm in love..." Who would have thought the new love of our lives would be so short and furry?

1 comment: