_

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spring Break

This time tomorrow I'll be in a plane on the way to the Holy Land, where I'll be for the next week. I'm staying at Tantur, Notre Dame's campus in Israel, and visiting sites like the Church of the Nativity, the Mount of the Beatitudes and the hill of Calvary.

There's still so much to be done before I leave. Packing, getting a haircut, turning in a take-home midterm... not to mention a dear friend from Hillsdale is in town tonight and I want to see her before I leave. The goodbyes have begun in earnest; Sam left for spring break at noon today, with a farewell breakfast at South Dining Hall early this morning. Lillian is leaving campus tonight for a spring break trip to Miami. I'm really going to miss those two.

I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that I'm going to Israel. It all happened so fast - just 2 months ago, I turned in my application for the trip, fingers crossed and praying hard. Then came that joyous acceptance email. And here I am with 4 marathon sessions on Israeli history and culture under my belt. A successful shopping trip for long skirts and sturdy shoes completed. Asking friends for their prayer intentions and receiving so many beautiful responses. Which reminds me: I'll be praying for you, too. Any specific intentions, leave in the comment box. :)
P.S. You might enjoy reading some more details about my trip on my other blog.
Thanks for reading and see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment