_

Friday, May 18, 2012

Clearing out my desk

I just cleaned out my desk at work for the next girl. I removed my business cards, envelopes and note pads from the drawers. I pulled my pretty fabric thumbtacks from Anthropologie off the bulletin boards.

While I was doing it I thought about how weird it is that I've been in this job for so long. One year ago I was graduating from Notre Dame. Now here I am, getting ready to leave my first job and looking for a new one. Should I feel sad? I thought.

But I don't. I feel excited, a little nervous, and mostly happy. I don't know what's next in my life. God is in control here. But I know I'm glad to be moving on.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are feeling positive about this new step in your life :) Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Lilian! I'm freaking out a little bit too but mostly excited. I know it will all work out. :)

    ReplyDelete