_

Friday, November 16, 2012

Extreme Levels of Excitement!


This book, my friends.

This book.

It was one of the first books I worked on from start to finish at my new job, and yesterday, we got the paperback copies in to the office. Aren't they beautiful? (seriously... how much do you love that cover??). I started squeaking with excitement when I saw it, making all the Publicity people laugh.

You can't imagine what it was like editing this baby. I'm not a military history fan and this book is 689 looooong pages of gory, extensive, exhaustive details about the Civil War. But I got through it! And the author (bless him) even complimented my work when it was done.

I couldn't be more proud and excited to be holding this book in my hands. Dad's Christmas present? Probably. And hey, if you know a military history fan in your life, buy him this book... you won't regret it. I promise. Plus it has my name in the Acknowledgements, so if you're really really desperate to know my last name, this is obviously the cheapest, fastest, and easiest way for you to find out. ;)

Oh man. What can I say? I love my job.

(p.s. One of my co-workers sent me this blog... at first I was like "this is my life!!" but then I was like "actually my life is nowhere near that glamorous" ... bottom of the publishing house totem pole right here. But this one really is my life and that makes it all awesome!)

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for grown-up jobs! you should take us on an office tour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allie, that's a great idea! A virtual tour or in person? Because if you're ever in DC, you just let me know and I'd love to get together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an accomplishment, congratulations! (= My fiancé is a history major. I'll have to check that book out.
    Blessings,
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Deanna! I promise your fiancé will like it - the historical detail is fantastic and the author presents a new perspective that turns the existing view on its head. It's a great book! (Of course, I'm not biased or anything.)

    :)

    ReplyDelete