Friday, July 4, 2014
A few little things
1. // Is anyone going to The Hundred? I signed up as fast as I could after I saw Grace's post about it. It sounds like so much fun! And it'll be my first time visiting Texas—any tips for Dallas in August?
2. // After wanting to do this for months, I finally got around to making a Facebook page for Little House in Chicago! If you'd like to get updates about new posts in your newsfeed, join the party right here.
3. // Blogging. How do you women with kids do it? I mean. Finding the time to pump out a post every few days was a breeze when I had structured workdays and leisurely evenings. But now? I have to carve out time wherever I can find it, which mostly means forgoing sleep these days .
I'm actually wondering if it might be smarter to come up with a regular schedule of one or two posts a week rather than trying and failing to keep up the daily posting I was doing before the baby came. Do you guys have a preference or any suggestions?
4. // Speaking of finding time for things these days... I've been trying to work on my cleaning/cooking/organizational skills now that Frankie is getting a little older, but I get easily overwhelmed. I recently found out about this app called Motivated Moms that breaks down daily chores, and I'm a tad obsessed. Here's what it looks like on my phone:
Check it out if you're needing a bit more order in your life (especially if you're the kind who likes checking off a to-do list)!
5. // I signed up for a sewing class with one of my friends! I've wanted to learn how to use a sewing machine for years, and this class came along at the perfect time. I'll be honest with you, though, I'm kind of awful at it so far. Here's hoping I get the hang of it soon!
6. // Happy 4th from Frankie and his twin cousin!! Hope you have the best weekend. :)
at 8:00 AM