_

Friday, September 12, 2014

Our goddaughter

Just wanted to post real quick (before too much time passes) to share a picture of this beautiful little lady and her amazing parents on the day of her baptism...


You might remember quite a few posts about our friends Dean and Morgan from our time in Virginia. Dean and Frank were classmates in law school, and once we all become friends with each other, Frank and I were privileged to witness Dean and Morgan's journey to Catholicism. Frank is Dean's confirmation sponsor and I am Morgan's. Their journey in the faith has been so inspiring to watch—truly, every time I talk to Morgan I am inspired to pray more and love more and live my faith more deeply. It was so good living near them in Virginia, and now that they live in San Diego and we're in Chicago, we miss them!

Frank and I were so honored when they asked us to be godparents to their darling little girl. Unfortunately we weren't able to be there in person, but we are praying very much for them, and hoping to meet our little goddaughter soon. A trip to San Diego might be the perfect thing in the midst of a Chicago winter ... right Frank?? ;) Meanwhile I'm trying to tone down my constant jokes about betrothing our babies (they could be like a Grace and Simon situation!).

Welcome to the family of Christ, sweet girl. You are so very loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment