_

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Guinness in Dublin

There is poetry in a pint of Guinness, they say.

Especially if that pint is from the official Guinness brewery in Dublin, complete with a shamrock on top.
Have you seen the little toucan, slogan of the Guinness ad campaign?
Guess where he came from. Dorothy Sayers designed him. The same woman who wrote best-selling crime novels, translated Dante's Divine Comedy (my favorite book) into English, was friends with C.S. Lewis, and revived the classical Trivium system of education. Sounds like my kinda girl.

Guess what happens today. My mom and my little sister are arriving to visit me for 4 whole days. I have missed them so much and I could not be more excited. I will take them to all my favorite London haunts. More on that to come!

Lovely day for a Guinness, The Book Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment