_

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Really, really missing them

This has been the best week ever because I've had an excuse to call home every night and talk to just ONE sister. You know what a treat that is? Normally they pass the phone around like a hot potato and I barely get a word with anyone.

The down side is that it's making me miss home. A lot.

Yesterday I talked to my sister Maria. Dang, that girl is bossy. She gave me life advice like it was her job. "Who exactly is the big sister here??" I asked. But I love it, because like all my sisters, she is bossy because she is right. My family is obsessed with quotes and Maria quoted Marilyn Monroe at me: "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." She told me "Embrace the stuff that makes you weird! Wouldn't you rather be that weird, funny girl than be boring?" I think everyone needs to hear that once in a while.


Today I talked to Angela, who is my favorite human being on this planet. I said "Angela you look so pretty in your pictures!" and she said "That's why they call me mini-Theresa." That made my night. Then she told me she wants to be a rock star when she grows up, like Taylor Swift, and she sang me her favorite Taylor Swift song. Finally she said "You can only go if you call me tomorrow morning. Promise you'll call? Go write it down so you don't forget and put it by your bed. Don't forget!" Yep, I think I am her favorite sister. :)

Seriously I can't even stand it. I miss my sisters so much. As soon as I have a permanent home I am kidnapping them all to come live with me. Or even better I will just hop on the next plane home. Deal? Deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment