_

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Workshop

Tonight I'm going out of town to the Petawa Center for a college women's workshop on faith, femininity and other subjects dear to my heart. I try to go to a workshop every January; last year's was in Chicago, though, so it was much easier to get to. I'm carpooling up to Milwaukee with my little sister and her friends. I'm excited to spend time with them and get to know Cathy's lovely friends a little better.

Last year's workshop was a turning point for me in several ways. I had memorable and deeply meaningful conversations with beloved friends, who taught me that every relationship has its flaws and that it's ok to be uncertain of your vocation - but that when the call eventually comes, you've got to trust God, close your eyes, gather all your courage, and make that leap. This is not an easy thing to do. Some of my friends have made that leap, whether through commitments to marriage or to celibate vocations. It makes me wonder if I've been putting off my vocation for too long. It's so easy to get caught up in the rush of school, networking, the job hunt... even in reading all the time. I forget to just be silent and listen for Him. I hope this workshop will give me the chance to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment