_

Monday, July 18, 2011

Welcome Home


I got the email Friday evening letting me know that Sarah and I were accepted to live in our first-choice apartment. It's in Arlington, VA, which is where I've wanted to live ever since I found out I was moving to DC. Moreover the rent is really reasonable, it's only 19 minutes away from where I work (says Google Maps), it has a balcony, it's in a nice/safe neighborhood, and it's literally 1 minute away from the Metro station. Sounds perfect if you ask me. We move in August 13.

Of course, the next stage will be decorating it and settling in. Couches, chairs, a dining room table, curtains, cookware, etc. are all needed. I foresee many more Ikea trips in my near future, and much more furniture-assembling too. *cringe* It's ok, it builds character!... at least that's what I tell myself. Through it all, I'll try to be guided by my favorite home-decorating motto: "Have nothing in your home which you do not know to be useful and believe to be beautiful." I foresee white shelves and cubbies gleaming with books and craft supplies, maps and good quotes on the walls, comfy armchairs, a big table for lots of dinner guests, a nicely stocked wine rack, and a fold-out sleeper sofa for friends and family when they come to stay. I can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment