_

Friday, December 16, 2011

Family Christmas

I saw this video on one of my favorite blogs yesterday, and I loved it so much I had to share it with you.


The two girls remind me so much of me and my twinsie, Lillian (haha, I just called you twinsie!). Everything they do is totally something we would do... from wearing cute skirts,  to hitting each other with pillows, to draping tinsel around ourselves like a shawl, to finishing off our hard hard work with a box of chocolates.

In other words, I can totally relate.

With our Mum on our 22nd birthday
I was lucky enough to be home for Christmas-tree-trimming this year. My family always gets our tree on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, which is often the first Sunday of Advent. Decorating it is a whole-family affair. We play Christmas music, watch some cheesy claymation movies and bask in the holiday spirit.

That video made me all kinds of homesick for my Mum, Dad, Lil, and the five littler munchkins who bring so much happiness to my days. Not to mention snuggling. We are a snuggly family, and here in DC there's just no one to fill the snuggle-sized hole in my heart. Why, I haven't had a good snuggle since Thanksgiving!

What I'm trying to say here is, I miss my family so much, really every day.

I'm so grateful that I get to go home and spend Christmas with them.

Just one more week!

No comments:

Post a Comment