_

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Last Night

Yesterday I met up with Maria F. for dinner.

Maria is cousin to Rob and John, both of whom have made frequent appearances on this blog in the past (without knowing about it). She is awesome. We have pretty similar interests and senses of humor. It was our first time really hanging out and we had a great time.

I mentioned how I'm looking to meet new people and she stopped to think about that.

"Hmm..." she said, "You've got to meet some of the guys I'm friends with. Actually, now that I think about it..."

She whipped out her phone to double-check.

"Yes. There's a party tonight, at a bar near Georgetown. Want to go?"

It seems that one of her guy friends was getting people together for a late happy hour. It was supposed to run from 9 to 11 pm, and Maria lives very far in the opposite direction, so she actually opted to go home. I was hesitant to go without her but I got the number of a mutual friend who was going, and I decided to attend.

I know, you are all shocked to hear that I went to a bar, and on a work night too. Even more amazing, I had fun!

Maria's friends were just as awesome as she promised. I didn't pay for any of my drinks, which to me is the sign of a good night. On top of that, I had a lengthy discussion with one of the guys there about Brideshead Revisited! And with another guy about Pride and Prejudice! (What?!)

The whole thing was absolutely unusual, and absolutely fun.

I'm so glad about the new friends I've been making ever since I moved here. It seems that every time things start to get a little slow socially, I meet a bunch of new people and a whole new friend group opens up. It's really the best.

And that's pretty much all I have to say for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment