_

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Facebook Official

Yep, after a good two months of dating, we took the leap. I even took a screen grab to commemorate the moment:



I updated my profile picture and cover photo in honor of the occasion. My profile picture is one of my favorites with Frank:


I love this one for a few reasons. First of all, we are walking together holding hands. To me, that seems so symbolic of a strong relationship, and being able to walk through life together. Second, I like that we're not facing the camera. The emphasis of the photo is on the bond between us as a couple, not on either of us individually. I also like this photo because it emphasizes his height and broad shoulders. He looks hot. ;)

For my cover photo, I chose this picture, taken with my family while I was home over Christmas:


I chose this photo for a number of reasons. I knew I wanted a picture with my family. Even as my profile picture contains Frank, I wanted the rest of my profile to emphasize that my family is still the most important thing in my life. I also like that all of my siblings and my mom are in it. They are a pretty cute bunch, wouldn't you say?

I also chose it because I'm wearing my infamous lion hat in it. As much as my sisters make fun of me for knitting in public, they make fun of my even more for wearing my lion hat. They think it is the dumbest thing in the world, which I emphasize by occasionally singing a little ditty I invented which begins, "My lion hat brings all the boys to the yard..." This drives my sisters absolutely insane and affords me great enjoyment. Thus, I chose my lion hat picture to demonstrate that girls who wear lion hats (and who knit, and buy season tickets to the opera, and don't go clubbing and can't dance well and don't act anything close to cool) CAN in fact get guys. And thus it was written.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment