_

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

This post has absolutely nothing to do with books

On Sunday I bid farewell to my cousins after our traditional Swensen's lunch.

Swensen's is this little rinky-dink diner which would be nothing special except that it has a whole menu just for ice cream. You have no idea how exciting that was when we were kids.

And so we declared it a tradition: every year, when we go to visit our cousins, we must have lunch at Swensen's. And by "lunch" I mean ice cream.

Since I had to leave for the airport right after lunch, I spent the whole time hugging everyone and saying goodbye.

My hardest goodbye was my cousin Andrei.

Andrei is three. He has a British accent. I tickle his toes and he sings me songs about Father Christmas. We hit it off right from the start.

I am studying abroad in the United Kingdom next semester and I plan to visit Andrei and his beautiful sister Tatiana every chance I get. I tried telling that to Andrei at Swensen's on Sunday.

"I am going to come visit your house, Andrei," I said. "Will you show me your toys?"

He kicked his shoes off and threw them under the table. Then he giggled. I laughed too and offered him some more ice cream.

"Can you give me a hug, sweetie?" I asked.

He clambered onto my lap, wrapped his little arms around my neck and planted a kiss on my cheek.

I melted.


I am in love with that little boy. I can't wait to see him in England.

The countdown begins: Two weeks until London!

1 comment:

  1. Blessings on your study time in England. So much to see and absorb!

    ReplyDelete