_

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Feels Like Home

This morning I woke up early (which somehow always leads to a good day!), made myself toad-in-a-hole (AKA eggies-in-a-basket) for breakfast, and went grocery shopping.

My first stop was Chapel Market.

Obama hats? Really?

I bought avocados and tomatoes from this sweet old gentleman.

"Is it alright if I take a picture?" I asked.

"Oh, it's olright!" he laughed. "I was on the covah of GQ last waik!"

My next stop was Sainsbury's.
Yes, they have a whole section called "Teatime!" How quintessentially British!


All the brands are different here- so confusing! But I am starting to get the hang of them and now I have my favorites, like Fairy laundry detergent.
Then I came home and made lunch.

It was a wonderful morning, and you know what? I am starting to feel at home.

Dear Clerkenwell,
I think it is official: you are my neighborhood. Is that cool with you? Because I think we have something pretty special here.


Love, The Book Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment