_

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Afternoon Adventures

Today was magnificent.

My roommate Katie and I woke up late and went shopping. We discovered the most adorable store with precious vintage dresses and stopped at the Borough Market, where I bought salmon pate, because salmon is good for the heart and skin. Plus it's yummy.

Then we boated down the Thames (lovely views of the London Eye and the city skyline) to the Tate Britain art museum. I discovered new favorite paintings by Dante Rossetti, Cowper and others. Oh how I love those Pre-Raphaelites!

Proserpine by Dante Rossetti

We walked back to our classroom building to get a book from the library, passing by Westminster Abbey, the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben on our way. Then a stop at Candy Cakes for a treat.
Delicious but too big to finish! So we saved half for later.

Later in the evening I went down to study with Sam, but we were distracted by the Myers-Briggs personality test. We're both Idealists, but he's INFJ, I'm ENFP. Some call me an "inspirer", others call me a "champion", either way it's awesome! But Sam is like Gandhi and Mother Teresa, while I am like Mark Twain and Dr. Seuss... I know. You don't have to say anything, he already rubbed it in. What personality type are you?

Your favorite inspirer/champion, The Book Girl

1 comment: