_

Monday, February 8, 2010

Sem IV

My major is weird and unique. I don't think any other university has a Great Books major built in. But I think that choosing to be a PLS major is one of the best decisions I've ever made.

The program is based on 6 seminars- one each semester. I am taking Seminar IV in London right now.
There are only 4 students in this itty-bitty class and the discussions are off the wall.
Today we read Hobbes' Leviathan, and I proposed the following statement for discussion: "To be human is to constantly pursue an ever-fleeting happiness." Professor O'Boyle loved it and we ended up staying a good twenty minutes after class ended to hash it out.

Since it's so early in the semester I can't say for sure, but if things keep up like this... this might be my best PLS sem yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment