_

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Martin ordered 1 liter of beer in Berlin, that crazy kid!

In honor of my sister, who is studying in Spain and compiled this list, and in honor of St. Patrick's Day (my favorite holiday, and I'm not even Irish!), here are the top 5 best drinks of London:

5. Guinness. I hated it at first but now I actually like it. I guess my inner Fighting Irish is finally coming out. It's best at Waxy O'Connor's, the coolest Irish pub in all of London.

4. Cuba Libre. It's basically just a rum and coke, but I'm Cuban, so the name makes it awesome.

3. The Snakebite, a sweet and tasty drink served at all the student bars.

2. A pint of bitter at the Olde Cheshire Cheese, a pub that's been around since the 1600s, where Dickens, Thackeray and Chesterton used to hang out.

1. Pimm's and lemonade. Uniquely British and uniquely delicious.

Luck of the Irish to you, The Book Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment