_

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Paging 1950?

Ever since I ordered the books for my exciting new book club (you should participate!), I've been getting the weirdest emails from Amazon. Today they sent me the following books as "Personalized Recommendations"... Marriage: The Mystery of Faithful Love and a bunch of books for Catholic Moms. Seriously, Amazon? I don't know how to say this but... I'm only 21 and I'm single! Come on now. Hold your horses.

But this kinda confirms something I've suspected for a while. I love knitting, Cary Grant movies, and Frank Sinatra music. I go to bed early (except during finals week...) and generally keep my room spotlessly tidy. I pepper my conversation with phrases like "Bless her heart" and "delightful." What I'm trying to say is, I think I might be a grandma (or at least a girl from the 1940s) in a 21-year-old body. Hello, age 75, can I have my youth back? :)

Also my darling friend Alex started her own blog and it's shaping up to be adorable. The girl spent sophomore year living in France and is very chic, plus being one of the most genuinely welcoming and kind people I know. You can check out her delightful thoughts here - I totally got a shout-out. Very flattering I must say. Give her some love in the comments if you can.

Now I'm off to study for the Christian Theological Traditions final. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment