_

Monday, March 21, 2011

Break from Blogging

This past week was... amazing. I would love to tell you about my many adventures, from attending Mass at Jesus' burial place to being offered 100 camels for my hand in marriage. But if you want to hear about the trip, you'll have to call me or meet up in person, because I'm canceling this blog for the time being.

One of the things I thought about most on the pilgrimage was how to simplify my life, getting rid of the frivolities that distract me from my vocation and the work I should be doing. I realized that blogging is one of my biggest distractions. Whenever I have a paper to write or a job to apply for, sure enough, you can find me reading C. Jane or Nat the Fat Rat instead. It was really hard to admit what a big time-waster my blog habit was, but now that I've decided to give up blogs (both reading and writing them), I'm really excited for all the free time I'm going to have. Who knows, I might even find myself a job for after graduation. :)

I hope you understand why I'm doing this. Now let's see how long I can stick with it. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment