_

Monday, August 22, 2011

Random Encounters

The scene: Wednesday, walking home from the Whole Foods, I was lugging a huge paper bag of groceries on my way to the metro station.

As I walked past a bar with stairs leading up to its door, the bouncer leaned over the railing, looked at me, and flashed a big smile. "So what did you get me?" he said.

Of course I blushed to the roots of my hair (I'm not used to bouncers flirting with me, and probably never will be!) and shocked myself by having the presence of mind to shoot back, "Everything!" It was such a sweet little ego boost. Super cute.

Next scene: Thursday, at the Harris Teeter (my local grocery store. I know, weirdest name ever). An adorable little old lady with white hair is pushing her walker next to my cart. I was surprised when she turned to me and said, "I like your sandals."
I looked down with amusement at my brown sandals and answered, "Thank you! I got them at Urban Outfitters."

"Hm," she said thoughtfully. "Never heard of it. It must be a specialty store."

I spent the rest of the day amusing myself by imagining that sweet little old lady going into her local Urban Outfitters in search of sandals. Could you imagine?

Have a happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment