_

Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Night Music


Friday nights are the busiest time of the week for me, funnily enough, because I have the job of uploading my magazine onto our website. My favorite thing to do during this time is listen to music. Sometimes I turn to my Pandora station - Frank Sinatra's Fly Me to the Moon is the usual choice - and sometimes I youtube random songs that have been in my head lately. And sometimes, I'm lucky and a friend or two stays up late with me and sends music suggestions.

Tonight I hit the jackpot - Bart sent me music up til midnight, and when he went to bed, Lee conveniently happened to be online to pick up the slack. Bart is into old country music, the kind of thing my dad raised me on, and sends light Irish melodies with names like "Pretty Fair Maiden." Lee likes more modern stuff, Coldplay and U2 and Keane, mellow tunes perfect for night turning into early morning.

Music gets me going through the late night, and when I say music, I really mean friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment