_

Friday, February 3, 2012

Falling For Him

To round out our "7 dates in 7 days," the Man in My Life and I decided to go see the final episode of the Catholicism series at the CIC.

He greeted me after work holding a copy of his law school's newspaper. (Did I mention he's in law school?)

"What's this?" I asked

He held it up proudly. The headline article - above the fold! - was about him! He and his friends are starting a new law journal, one of the first of its kind. I was so proud of him. He gave me a copy of the paper and I showed it off to Laura and my roommate after I got home.

Yesterday I felt really sick so I decided to stay home from work. He showed up on my doorstep around noon with a bouquet of flowers and a hot cup of chicken soup with bread from Cosi. Once I got over my embarrassment about being seen in my feverish, grungy state, I pretty much melted. He is so kind.

This song has been ringing in my head for the past few days.

Today I showed him this quote:

And he said, "Oh wow. That's our quote." Because (we both agree) we have the most mutually compatible weirdness I have ever seen.

p.s. A post I wrote for another blog has been getting a lot of attention. Feel free to read it and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet! Thank you for sharing :) I'll say a prayer for you Tess.


    --Liz B

    ReplyDelete