_

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real

I've been reading Our Mother's Daughters for months and months and have never gotten around to participating in their cute weekly post, Pretty Happy Funny Real. But this week I'm finally taking part and I couldn't be more excited. Without further ado, here is my first-ever edition of "Pretty, Happy, Funny Real."

{Pretty}

My bedroom when it's tidy.


With my trusty Daily Roman Missal handy 

I find it so calming. Now if only I can keep it like that...

{Happy}


Flowers from my boyfriend! I put them on my dresser so I could share them with the Blessed Mother. 

{Funny}

My family went out for a delicious buffet brunch on Easter Sunday. The buffet was amazing! They had every kind of breakfast food you could imagine, mounds of bacon and sausage, and even a chocolate fountain. Unfortunately, that gave my little sister Caroline some mischievous ideas. 


Because clearly nothing could be more delicious than bacon dipped in chocolate.

{Real}

I made the New Year's Resolution to work out more and I was inspired by a great exercise tip from Pinterest: Buy yourself a calendar and give yourself a sticker on every day that you work out. I happened to have a free religious calendar from my parish lying around my room, so I put it to use. Except here is what the month of January looked like:


Yes, that's exactly two stickers, both shortly after New Year's. Hopefully I'll get back in the workout groove now that summer's coming!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to phfr! I was like you - a LMLD reader for a long time before joining the Thursday link up. I hope you become a regular!
    I've never tried chocolate covered bacon, but it sounds pretty darn good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the calender idea. I have been trying to work out more regular lately as well. With two young boys, it is quite a challenge. I get competitive though if I write down my results or see then on the treadmill. If numbers excite you.. it might be worth a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, bacon and chocolate? Ya know, I can see that being tasty! Welcome to p,h,f,r!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bed is so cool! I love the rail round the edge.

    Bacon and chocolate? Sounds a little dubious. Though I'm told banana and bacon tastes good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for such a kind welcome, LMLD readers! I'm glad to be joining the PHFR "club." I have to admit, though, that I didn't actually try the bacon and chocolate - I'm not as daring of an eater as my little sister! :)

    Imogen, I actually got my bed at IKEA! I think it's one of the nicest things I've seen sold there. Although I love pretty much all of their stuff, in general.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to {p,h,f,r}! Beautiful roses!

    ReplyDelete