_

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Little Bit of July 28, 2012

Hello, Camp Patton followers! Welcome!

The official engagement photos that my twin sister took still haven't come in yet, but I do have a few very amateur shots taken on my little point-and-shoot camera. If you're interested, here are a few photos from earlier and later that day (none of the actual proposal, sadly!).

The first bunch are blurry self-portraits we took in the art gallery that afternoon.



My favorite:


A nice British couple took some photos of us in the central courtyard.


When I saw this place I actually wondered if Frank might propose here. But he had other (and better) plans.

Here we are at our celebratory dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Can you feel the happiness leap off the screen? :)


Here is the whole group of friends who came out to celebrate with us.


Here is the ring! I didn't have any requirements or expectations for it (which made things hard for Frank!). This is funny but at one point I almost didn't want an engagement ring, because I wanted the focus of our engagement to be on our mutual love as a couple rather than on something material (I've always found it distasteful when people declare "He did good!" or comment on the size of the ring. It seems kind of materialistic).

But I could never have expected how much I would fall in love with this ring - because I know that he sacrificed and worked hard to get it for me. That, to me, is what makes it valuable.



Hope you enjoyed the pictures and thank you for reading!

2 comments:

  1. it's beautiful!
    new reader, can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are so sweet! It makes me smile to think of you two. God bless!

    ReplyDelete