_

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Around My Home Link-up Party!

This is my view right now:


Frank and I are in New Jersey visiting his family for New Year's. He and his dad are watching football, their dog Bethie (short for Lady Macbeth) is curled up in front of the fire, and I'm writing this post on Frank's laptop, very excited to be holding my first link-up party!

Even though most of America started "the Christmas season" the day after Halloween, some of us are celebrating Christmas right now and will be until Epiphany, or even until the Presentation of Our Lord on February 2, so our Christmas decorations are still up. Some others of us are just procrastinators, and that's fine too—welcome to the party!

In the spirit of the season, here are a few little ways I'm still celebrating Christmas around my home.

Cards from beloved friends are covering my fireplace mantlepiece...


My little tree, Edwin, is still shining and bearing a few new ornaments too. My parents gave me this lovely little Nativity ornament for Christmas:


Frank brought mistletoe over to my house...


Always fun. :)

And best of all, my Nativity scene finally has Baby Jesus in it:


What Christmas decorations are still around your home? How are you celebrating this wonderful season?

Please add a link to your blog post below! Link back to the individual post so we can find it another day, and please link back to my blog too.

The link tool will be open until February 2, so feel free to add your post any time!



 Loading InLinkz ...

1 comment:

  1. So glad I'm not going to miss it! We're leaving on vacation tomorrow, but I'll get my post up when we get back. :)

    ReplyDelete