_

Saturday, March 30, 2013

New blog name and exciting news!

Dear friends,

I'm happy to announce that I've found a job in Chicago! I'll be working in the alumni office of a university in the city.

With the move to Chicago imminent, and as Frank and I get ready to set up house together after the wedding in May, a new blog title and theme seemed right. I thought "Little House in Chicago" sums up what this blog is all about - family, faith, books, and old-fashioned awesomeness. I'll be changing the url later this week, so in case you need to find me, I won't be at this "address" for too much longer.

I'll be updating the About Me and page tabs at the top of the blog over the next few weeks and months too in an effort to make my blog a lot more user-friendly and accessible.

I hope you'll enjoy all the changes and let me know your thoughts. :)

Love,

Tess

11 comments:

  1. How exciting! Very happy for you and Frank :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! I still grumble a little bit about you moving far from VA at the same time that I move there, but I am seriously SO happy and excited for you. *hugs* God bless you! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clare - I'm sad about it too, but I still have hope that somehow we'll finally meet in person one day. :) You are going to love living here - I adore it and I'm going to miss it so much!

      Delete
  3. Such exciting news, Tess! And I like the Blog's new name, although I'm going to miss hearing about your DC adventures (seeing that we're both VA girls...for that much longer). God bless you and know of my continued prayers! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Sarah Therese! We still need to try to coordinate hanging out some time while we're both in the area - I would love to hear about your Montessori adventures!

      Delete
    2. Oh, yes let's! Thank you so much for your email this morning!! We certainly need to find a time that works for both of us! God bless!

      Delete
  4. Super exciting! If you ever want to meet up in the Chicago area, I'd totally be game :) My fam is from Kenosha, just a hop, skip and a jump on the Metra to downtown Chicago :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea, I would LOVE that! We'll have to coordinate something for this summer! :)

      Delete
  5. Okay 1) Congratulations on your new job!!
    2) Love the new name for your blog. Partly because I loved Laura Ingalls Wilder, and I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you on both counts! I'm also a huge Laura fan, and I think the principles of her family are such a huge part of who I am—everything from thriftiness to loving fiddle music. :)

      Delete