_

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Caroline's cupcake pies

Frank and I spent the weekend babysitting Joseph and Angela while my parents were out of town.

I tell you, our move to Chicago is the best thing that ever happened to my parents. They've been going on fun weekend trips every month and leaving the kids with us.

Saturday we took them to a pumpkin farm (more on that coming soon), and when we got home that evening, we were excited to find these "apple pie cupcakes" greeting us:


Courtesy of Caroline, the greatest baker of them all. I like to think she gets her skills from me, but really, she's a better baker than I am.

I put that picture up on Instagram and Sarah asked if I could share the recipe. So I got Caroline to write up this little "how to" in case you want to know.

Here's what she said:

"We used a box of confetti cake batter to make the cupcakes and put some frosting on top when they cooled. Then we put m&ms, all the same color, face down in the frosting so you can't see the m's.


We mixed white frosting with some brown food dye to make it golden brown and used 2 frosting squirters, 1 for the diagonal lines going across and another for the crust around the edges.

Then we ate them all up :) The end! Scrumptious!"

Oh yeah, did I mention they were funfetti? I love funfetti. It was basically the best cupcake experience ever, even if I kind of went into a sugar coma at the end. :)

Let me know if you get a chance to try these out. Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!

3 comments:

  1. That is SUCH a cute idea. I'll definitely give it a try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Clare said! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree more with Clare. Your sister sounds as great as you! :) I wish we could spend an afternoon together again!

    ReplyDelete