_

Friday, January 31, 2014

Frankly My Dear

For a while now I've been thinking about starting a little series with funny quotes from Frank, and finally decided to go for it. Thanks to Grace for inspiring me with her hilarious Simon Says series.

Frank and my dad showing off their beards ... birds of a feather

When I told him I was keeping a list of funny quotes from my nine-year-old sister:
Frank: Wow. You started one for her but you wouldn't start one for me?

Early one morning when I was being my usual chipper self:
Frank: You say more words in the first 30 minutes of being up than I say in the first three hours.
Me:
Frank: That's not even an exaggeration.

When he was going to the grocery store and I told him to get a "good" frozen pizza:
Frank: Honey, I know how to pick out a frozen pizza. You forget I was a bachelor ... for many years.

When he disapproved of something I did (wish I could remember what!):
Frank: Seriously? That's something I would expect from one of my criminal clients.

We've been on a Gilmore Girls kick this winter, and in case you haven't seen the show, those girls eat a LOT of candy. We were on our way to the grocery store:
Me: So what do you want to do after groceries?
Frank: We need to buy lots of candy and then watch Gilmore Girls.
Me:
Frank: I feel like its just respectful.

After we spent two days driving across the country and my attire left something to be desired:
Frank: I think your style theme for this weekend is "homeless."

After I complained about our bad road-trip habit of eating at every McDonald's we see:
Frank: Honey, there's a McDonald's over there.
Me: rolls eyes
Frank: I don't think we've been in that one yet!

When he walked in on me wiping off make-up and saw the foundation-covered cotton ball:
Frank: Ew, gross!!! What happened to preserving the mystery???

While he was working on the grocery list:
Frank: Tin foil... hand soap... croutons. Roger Croutons.
Frank: looks at me expectantly
Me: pause ... then laughs hysterically
Frank: At least we think each other's cool.

Ain't that the truth.

5 comments:


  1. Frank: You say more words in the first 30 minutes of being up than I say in the first three hours.

    That one killed me! I remember when I used to spend the night with Jenna and he'd be the such a crank in the morning.

    Also I find it too funny that you guys have gotten into Gilmore Girls. I tried to like it I really did, but my roommates seriously only ever watch that it is never turned off in my apt and I want to scream. I love that you guys are addicted though.

    I like this idea I might start posting quotes from Deon myself. Miss you guys stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, isn't that so Frank? He and his dad both like complete silence in the mornings. Let's just say the other half of the family does NOT share that preference.

      I used to be obsessed with Gilmore Girls in high school, and I hadn't seen it in a while until Frank bought me the first two seasons for my birthday, which sparked all the viewing. I'm honestly not interested in it at all after the first two seasons; I've heard it goes way downhill once Rory goes to college. I'm not sure I would be that into it if I hadn't started watching when I was like 15, and I definitely think it would annoy me if that show was on all the time! Small doses are good, but we don't like to watch it more than a few times a week.

      Aw, you should! Miss you too!

      Delete
  2. So fun! I love your title too. You should link it up with Rosie! :-) http://rosie-ablogformymom.blogspot.com/2014/01/what-they-said-volume-8-cecilia-style.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dying over here from laughter. (insert smiley face wiping hysterical tears from eyes) my favorite is the makeup one. Best. ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, now I want to go buy candy and watch Gilmore Girls! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete