_

Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Perfect Morning



Thursday morning I awoke before the sun (my Mom and Dad won't believe it) for a very special occasion: 8 AM Mass at Farm Street Church of the Immaculate Conception.

Farm Street Church is one of the newer Catholic churches in the UK, founded by the Jesuits in 1829, after the British Catholic emancipation.

I knew it was famous for some reason, but I didn't know why. Until I stepped inside.





 It is simply one of the most beautiful churches I have ever seen. This picture shows only the altar, but it has 8 or 10 side-chapels branching off the main church, each dedicated to a different saint. I will definitely post more pics soon.

After Mass, my friend John and I walked slowly around the church, taking in its beauty. When we had seen everything, we decided it was time for breakfast. So off we went to Pret A Manger (aka "Pret"), a healthy chain restaurant that is everywhere in London. Literally every street corner.

Here we are at breakfast in Pret

I ordered delicious porridge with honey, so I couldn't help singing "Pease porridge hot, pease porridge cold, pease porridge in the pot 9 days old!" John pretended he didn't know me... I can't imagine why.

As we walked out of Pret, filled with God's love and Pret's bounty, John said, "That was the perfect start to a morning, wasn't it?"

And I quite agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment