_

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My British Cousins

My little cousin Tatiana goes to Queen's Gate School, a prestigious school in the posh neighborhood of Kensington. They had a Parents' Day and my aunt invited me to attend. I loved seeing what British kids are learning about!

Tatiana was sooo excited to see me - that's a great feeling isn't it?
Showing off her work.

Those British kiddies are cultured. They were reading Shakespeare at age 9, and the 7-year-olds made a model of Queen Victoria's playroom. I didn't even know who Queen Victoria was when I was 7!

Tatiana's class had to write down all about their "mummies" (mommies): "What makes my mummy happy?" "What is my mummy good at doing?" Tatiana wrote that "What makes my mummy sad" is "leaving behind her family in America." I knew just what she meant. Especially with all this volcanic madness, I am worried about how I will get home.

But as it so happens, I have a family here too. A lovely family who lets me crash at their apartment for the few hours before catching a 3 am bus to the airport. Two little cousins who I sing to sleep, an aunt who shares my Cuban blood and love for ice cream, and a Russian uncle who is the best cook in the world. They were in Spain, and they get home tomorrow. I missed them!

2 comments:

  1. I have gone through this blog. I found it very interesting and helpful. Nowadays I am completing my studies from home only.
    And this blog really doing great for me. This blog also offers me more ideas and advices concerned to my career.


    Study From Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tatiana is a sweet full of life little girl..Your family sound...sane and interesting. Praise God for them..
    Worry about nothing, God has you in the palm of His hand and loves you.
    Romans 8:38-39

    ReplyDelete