_

Monday, February 7, 2011

Little Bit of This

The ball was really fun. The dance instructors taught us to waltz, foxtrot and swing, then we all got cute little dance cards with our names on them in calligraphy, and the menfolk signed up to take turns dancing with each of us. It was ridiculously old-school and therefore awesome. Here are all of the PLS majors present, in all our nerdy old-fashioned glory:

Shannon and I have been friends since Day 1 of freshman year and despite some disagreements and coolness at times, we've grown much closer over the years. She's such a helpful influence in my life, offering needed perspective and balance to my impetuous ways. Shannon is great at keeping it real and I benefit a lot from her insights. I'm so grateful that I got to have her there at the ball with me.


Here's the smaller group of us - note the loverly dance cards attached to the ladies' wrists.


Today I don't have a whole lot to say, because I said pretty much everything over on my other blog with a post about the March for Life. If you get a chance to check it out, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I read this post on a single Mormon girl's blog and found it pretty relatable, although a little sad. Ultimately it's hopeful though and I think that's why I love it. Is it just me, or do pretty much all seriously religious people agree on the most fundamental things? At least that's how I felt reading her post.

Sorry for the lame post, I'm dead tired today, plus I have to interview someone for an Observer article and then run to Target to get stuff for Eileen's visit. Oh yes, did I mention? Rob and John's little sister is coming to stay with me this weekend for the Edith Stein Project. I'm really excited to hang out with her. My little sister Maria is also coming, so double the fun. Should be a pretty epic weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Cute, cute pictures! It looks as though it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete