_

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Art Institute with Kathryn + 37 weeks!

This weekend is a busy one for our family! We're starting today meeting one of my co-workers and his wife for breakfast, then I have my friend Anita's baby shower, then my much-anticipated maternity photos with Giedre, and then we are having Giedre and her fiance over for dinner. Woo! Frank says we have to get all our partying in before the baby comes. :)

I realized I never wrote about last weekend, so here is a quick post about about that. Saturday afternoon, Frank and I met up with Kathryn at the Art Institute. We had such a great time. She is just lovely and it was fun to discover how much we have in common (including a bunch of mutual friends!).

My favorite part of this visit was seeing the American gallery—I hadn't spent much time there before, and it was impressive. This painting especially caught my interest. It seemed so restful and peaceful for some reason:


After the museum, we found out that Kathryn had never been to Chik Fil A, which shocked Frank since that's his favorite fast-food place. There is one near the Art Institute, so we decided we had to take her there right away. She called us "Chik Fil A evangelists." Fair enough!

And we got a photo together at the Chik Fil A!


Such a fun afternoon. This is what I love about blogging—the way it brings you together with all these awesome kindred spirits all over the world, who you wouldn't have a chance to meet otherwise. Kathryn, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

And just in case anyone is wondering... here is a photo of me at 37 weeks (taken last Sunday. Now we are at 38 weeks!).


That's the dress I'm thinking about wearing for my maternity photos. In case you can't tell from the fact that I've been wearing it in all my photos, I love the heck out of that thing. It's the only dress that makes me feel like I still kind of have a figure!

37 weeks means Baby is pretty much done cooking. This little one can come out whenever he or she wants from now on, as far as I'm concerned. I can't believe we're getting so close.

7 comments:

  1. It IS a lovely dress! And, oooohh!!!! you're almost there!!! It looks like such a fun weekend and I look forward to hearing about this one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sarah. That dress looks beautiful on you. And I'm sure you've heard this a billion times and then some, but you look stunningly radiant. Happy mamma! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Iris! You are THE sweetest! I'm definitely one happy mamma, even if I don't always feel 100% on top of my game. :)

      Delete
  3. Yay! I'm so happy this day happened. And I *insist* on making you and Frank a fabulous dinner once the baby comes and you get exhausted and need an extra pair of hands :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad too! We are really looking forward to seeing you again!

      Delete
  4. Oh, Tess, you look sooooo beautiful! You and the little one are SO much in my prayers during these next few weeks. I'll be sure to offer all my pregnancy aches and pains for a beautiful, gorgeous, wonderful birth for you. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete