_

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Home Again

My family went to a Wisconsin Dells water park for the past few days, hence the deafening silence on this blog. Christmas was wonderful, as it always is in a house where some members still believe in Santa and where all the members, despite our occasional squabbles, love each other very much. Us seven kids wore our matching pajama pants from Grandma, an awesome annual tradition. It's quite a process finding pajamas that work for ages 6 through 21; this year's incarnation involved red plaid and Mickey Mouse. No photos for the blog, sorry; what's left of my dignity won't allow it. I was lucky enough to get a camera for Christmas, though, so I'll be posting photos of Christmas around my house soon... just as soon as I can figure out how to get my laptop to connect to the internet. *Sigh.* One time my dad said that he believes in the inherent malevolence of inanimate objects. The more I deal with technology, the more I'm inclined to agree with him.

So far this break I've been mostly reading non-stop. I've read all my book club books except Story of A Soul, and added a bunch of others to my list, including The Four Loves, Till We Have Faces, Man and Woman: A Divine Invention, A Fearful Symmetry (which I really didn't like) and The Eternal Woman. I'm also reading four other books for a conference I'm attending in Charlotte later this break. It sounds like a lot of work but I'm a fast reader and the subjects are interesting, so I'm loving it. Of course, I'm also finding plenty of time for fun; last night I attended the world premiere of my high school friend Tommy's professional film career, with a showing of his 20-minute-long modern retelling of The Screwtape Letters at a local library. It was really, really well done, I have to say; cleverly scripted and directed with a keen stylistic eye. When he's famous someday I'll totally have bragging rights. ;)

That's all for now, folks. Stay tuned for some photos with my new camera, coming soon to a browser near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment